The E-Mail Writing Skills Competency Exam is the tool you need to assess whether your customer service agents and job applicants have the essential e-mail writing skills to communicate with customers.
What Does the E-Mail Writing Skills Competency Exam Include?
- An Exam that tests essential writing skills. It includes eight short answer sections and two scenario-based writing exercises.
- An Administrator’s Guide
- Instructions for administering the exam
- Exam answers and detailed explanations
- Scoring sheets for tallying and presenting exam results
- A Competency Certificate to award to agents who pass the exam
- A Completion Certificate to award to agents who complete the Clear, Correct, Concise E-Mail workbook
How Should You Use the Competency Exam?
Use as a stand-alone exam or in conjunction with the Clear, Correct, Concise E-Mail workbook.
- Evaluate current customer service agents’ writing skills
- Assess job applicants’ writing skills before hiring them
- Identify your customer service staff’s need for writing training
- Certify customer service agents’ e-mail writing competency
- Test customer service agents’ writing competency after they complete the Clear, Correct, Concise E-Mail workbook
What E-Mail Writing Skills Does the Competency Exam Evaluate?
The Exam tests the ability to
- Write clear, strong sentences
- Write with a polite, positive, and personal tone
- Select the correct word and spell it right
- Punctuate correctly
- Write for global customers
Can You Customize the Competency Exam For Your Organization?
Yes! Use the Exam “off the shelf” or customize it. The exam includes a writing exercise that requires the exam-taker to respond to a customer’s e-mail. You can customize the exam by adding your own scenario to the e-mail writing exercise. The Scoring Checklist will help you score your customized writing exercise.